We live in a world where everyone is connected in some way, shape or form. This is how the universe was created. As the song says, “no man is an island, no man stands alone”, this is a fact of life which we have all come to realize at some point in time.
While establishing, growing and maintaining long-lasting relationships with friends, families, co-workers and others will allow us to experience that sense of belonging that we hunger for, we also have this urge to find a soul mate to share our lives with. Someone who means more to us than our families, friends or anyone else for that matter.
Many people go through this phase using the traditional avenues by dating people who they know personally; however, as the internet become more accessible we find a lot more people using it to meet their soul mate.
Here are 7 effective tips that you can use to greatly enhance your online dating experience;
1. Know what you’re looking for: Make a list of common characteristics that you would like your date to have. In doing this you need to understand that it’s difficult to find the perfect mate; however, having a guideline will allow you to identify common traits early, so you can decide on your next move.
Of course you have to also remember here that strong relationships takes time to develop, so don’t be in too much of a hurry to move on unless, you’re 100% sure it’s not going to work. You don’t want to just walk away too early from a good thing.
2. Never ever take your date for granted: Too often in the real world we see relationships that could have been developed into a lasting one end up in disaster, just because one party takes the other for granted. Take some initiative, make suggestions, be active.
3. Pay attention: Do you wait for your date to contact you, or do you make contact first? Do you listen and pay attention to what your date is saying, or are you preoccupied with watching the ball game, or some other pastime while communicating with your date?
We are all busy people and sometimes this overshadows other important things that needs to be done; however, establishing and growing a successful online dating relationship requires some amount of sacrifice, in terms of time and commitment.
If you’re not willing to spend some time and pay close attention when communicating with your date, then you’re not ready for this.
4. Take it slow: Although you might want to know quickly whether this person is for you or not, you should also remember to take it slow. Let the conversation flow, don’t be pushy. Having an easy-going conversation can uncover many “under the radar” traits that can tell you a lot about the person.
5. Respect each others time: As I said before we are busy people so set up some kind of a schedule to communicate or go on dates, and make sure you keep your end of the bargain. This is very important as your date might be trying to analyze your attitudes to see how disciplined you are.
6. Respect each others privacy: Too often we see and hear about cases of mistrust between partners. Sometimes we get overly excited about what’s happening and share personal or sensitive information, which, when found out could lead to the other party losing trust. Remember, relationships are built on trust.
7. Just have fun: Establishing and growing an online relationship is all about life. Don’t let it be a chore, have fun with it. Share resources with each other that you enjoy doing, like joining forums or communities and establishing relationships with others. Bring out the things that you like to do early, so there can be some transparency.
Creating, growing and establishing an online dating relationship can lead you to finding your soul mate who is willing to share their life with you; however, this is a process that will require your input also to make it work.