Best Marketing Strategies For Fashion Brands
Fashion brands need a strong fashion marketing strategy to stay ahead of their competition. The industry is expected to grow to $38.2 Billion by 2023. A well-planned strategy will help fashion brands not only stay afloat in the tumultuous sea of eCommerce but also allow them to grow while others fall behind. It doesn’t matter whether you’re a newbie or an experienced veteran in the fashion industry, you will need a marketing plan to promote your clothing brand. Particularly, digital marketing for fashion brands has changed drastically over the last few years. It’s important that your business is always looking to evolve and adapt to stay ahead of the rest.
Marketing Tips for Clothing Boutiques
It is not easy to get foot traffic for small businesses, especially with the current global events. Brick-and-mortar shops will be able to promote their brand best and draw in the customers who are most productive during these times. Although it may seem futile trying to compete with online shops that offer the lowest prices every time, 86% of customers will pay more for a better shopping experience.
There are many ways you can help make this a better experience.
- Make a loyalty program
- Safely host in-store events
- Promote using social media
- Make a YouTube Channel
- Support your local community
These tried-and-true marketing strategies are perfect for small boutiques that sell clothing. They can offer great customer service and a competitive edge over large international brands with the lowest prices.
Digital Marketing for Fashion Brands
Digital marketing should be considered an integral part of your overall strategy. It’s crucial that your brand stands out among the many others in digital marketing. Let’s look at marketing a fashion brand.
- Target Visitors: Display reminder ads to remind visitors that they previously saw on your website. You can offer lucrative discounts and retarget those who already have an item in their shopping cart, but have not yet purchased it. These ads increase turnover, and a retargeting campaign with a high ROI can result in great sales.
- Connect with Influencers: In order to focus your marketing efforts on the right market, you should work with influencers like fashion bloggers or vloggers that have followers similar to your target audience. Many will choose this method of marketing over traditional media such as television. Influencers can be trusted by their followers. Influencers can increase sales by recommending or reviewing your products. This also allows you to advertise your products to a new audience. The right influencer can help you find new customers and create repeatable digital marketing for your fashion brand.
- Engage with Your Audience. Building brand loyalty starts with engagement. Engage with your target audience regularly to improve their perceptions of your brand. This will help you drive more sales. It is important to share campaigns that resonate with your audience in order to engage them effectively. You can do this by running contests on Facebook or responding quickly on Twitter to customer messages.
There are many ways to digitally market fashion brands. It can be overwhelming to choose where to begin. These are 10 tips that will help you build a fashion marketing strategy for clothing brands and businesses.
Register for a website
Women’s Wear Daily reported last year that more than 1,875 fashion shops closed. However, according to Statista revenue in the fashion sector is expected to rise from PS360.7B to PS534.5B by 2022. This seems paradoxical. How can revenue increase if so many stores close? The internet. The internet has changed the way people shop. This means that you need a website, if not already one. It also means that you can go from a fashion brand into an eCommerce brand.
Get a mobile presence
We now move on to digital marketing in the fashion industry. As with online shopping, we are moving to digital marketing for the fashion industry. We’re replacing keyboards with screens and prefer to use our smartphones to browse the internet. This means a responsive website, which resizes content based on the screen that it is being viewed. This will make it difficult for mobile users to interact with your brand. This is particularly important in fashion because consumers often see products they like while they are out and about. If they don’t see it on your website, they will likely go to a competitor.
Join the Social World
Social media marketing is essential for fashion brands. You can use it to build relationships with your customers and connect with them. Additionally, you can use Instagram to promote and show off your products. You can also integrate your store with social media channels such as Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook. This means that your audience can purchase the product they see while browsing your catalog.
Add an Influencer to Your Brand
Social media is all about influencers. Some of the most successful social media campaigns in fashion revolve around them. Influencers are people in your niche who have large fan bases and command attention. When an influencer posts, other followers follow. One way to promote your clothing line is for an influencer to tweet pictures of themselves wearing your clothes. Influencer marketing is just like high school. The influencers are the most popular children and their followers are other kids who want to be like them. It isn’t all about mega-influencers and celebrities. The effectiveness of micro-influencers is being proven. Micro-influencers have a large and engaged audience. The influencer’s fan base consists of people who are interested in engaging with the content and have been following them since the beginning. It’s not about how many followers you have, but the quality.
Take advantage of the Latest Technologies
The technological revolution is currently underway, marked by rapid advances in technology like artificial intelligence (AI). Chatbots are one example. Chatbots are like 24-7 customer service representatives who guide customers to checkout from the moment they arrive on your website. Chatbots are available to answer any questions your customers may have. If they are unable to answer the question themselves, a human representative can help.
Shopify reported that 43% of customers are influenced to make purchases by personalized recommendations or promotions. 75% of consumers also want brands to personalise offers, messages and experiences. Apart from the fact personalisation can help you sell more, it is important to remember that consumers do not want personalized messages with their names. They want to feel like they are part of your entire experience. You need to get to know your customers and what they like. Personalization is the key to successful fashion marketing campaigns.
Remarket to your Users
Remarketing has the advantage of targeting people who have visited your website before. This means that you already know what you can do and that they are interested in what you offer. You’re also increasing your chances of conversion over a regular ad, as they’re showing you something they’ve already looked at on your site, and not just random items they might be interested in. Remarketing gives you better brand exposure, better audience targeting and higher conversion rates.
Concentrate on your Visuals
Fashion brands that rely on visuals to draw and retain customers are more important than all other brands. Uploading something you want to see, regardless of whether it is an image or video, requires that it be high-quality and look good. Although these seem obvious, you’d be amazed at how many brands have blurred or pixelated images that portray their products in a negative light. Do not be like them. Always capture as many angles possible, and let your products speak for their self.
Start a blog
Ask any digital agency for a list of fashion brand must-haves. They will most likely tell you to start your own blog. Blogging is a key component of content marketing. It can do everything, from increasing your organic search ranking to exposing new users about your brand to them. Every blog post creates an entirely new landing page for your audience. Blogs can be used to share any news, updates, and introduce new styles, along with some HD images, to show them off. You can also help your audience with style guides, as the seasons change.
Give a giveaway or contest
The last fashion brand marketing strategy we will cover is to host a contest. Contests and giveaways can be used to engage with existing customers or promote a new product. What is the best past? These promotions are great for growing brand awareness and your business. In addition to the buzz generated by your brand and products, participants can sign up for the email newsletter or like, share, and/or comment on a social media page. This can provide valuable consumer data that can be used to improve your clothing brand marketing strategy.
Example of Fashion Marketing Campaigns
We will be looking at three successful fashion brands to help you find inspiration for your fashion marketing campaign. A powerful fashion marketing strategy example can help you spark new ideas and increase your success.
- Swoon For Monsoon – Many fashion brands have their own magazines that can be purchased. Net A Porter’s “The Edit” is considered one of the top magazines. Swoon for Monsoon proves that this isn’t a tool for luxury brands. It is accessible via desktop, mobile or tablet. There are many visual elements available, including videos and animated GIFs. This is a compact piece of shoppable material that teaches you how to create shoppable content.
- Keeping Up with the Bakers by Ted BakerTed Baker’s unique and inspiring marketing campaigns are well-known. This is evident in the eight-part sitcom Keeping Up with Bakers that was broadcast on Instagram. Users were invited to take part in challenges each day that were made available with every episode. As if that wasn’t enough, the 360-degree shoppable film was revealed, which allowed users to explore the Baker home and purchase products found within, adding an extra gaming element to the shopping experience.
- Love Immigration By Jigsaw – Finally, we have this amazing campaign by Jigsaw. There has been a rise in socially conscious campaigns over the past few years. Consumers want to be able to trust brands that do more than just sell. It isn’t always easy to find the right balance. Look at the Kendall Jenner x Pepsi commercial failure. It was however perfect when Jigsaw launched its bold Love Immigration campaign which celebrated diversity in British fashion.